SmartBoard Files



Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 3 changes

In 5th grade we haven't had time for everything so this is what I've decided to do.
Scratch the I V listening activity. It kind of bombed on the kids yesterday. I've decided that we'll talk about our patriotic music at the beginning of class.
We'll do the Pink Panther activity next - the kids really enjoyed acting it out!
Note naming
Body Percussion Question/Answer. They enjoyed this activity and I could see the kids that struggled with the ostinato during the poem! Quite an eye opener!

4th grade
We began class with our patriotic music and then quickly reviewed the Staff Song. I spent a little time explaining the slide with the syncopation rhythm and we practiced several times and then went into the lesson for Shake the Papaya. I found that it was easier for me to accompany them on my guitar than the piano for our AB form. Since they had done the "Good Morning" activity from the 5th grade book they were comfortable with this type of activity.
Sagidi, Sapopo and the Radio Game filled the rest of class time so I'll teach Hot Cross Buns next week.

3rd grade
We began with rhythm reading then rhythm chairs. The kids had a lot of fun discovering the rhythms by decoding how many kids were in each chair! I let them figure out the rests and half notes then picked a couple people to create their own by telling their friends to sit in different chairs.
I used the "Tie" lesson idea to introduce whole notes to the kids and then we did the movement activity with quarter/half/whole in our feet with the recording "Urgos" I would call out changes and they moved around the room to the correct pulse.
We went over the MRD cards and sang Down to the Baker's Shop, putting MRD on the instruments. This was a really quick activity since I still needed to go over our patriotic songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment