SmartBoard Files



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

week 4 plans

5th grade
Remind kids to bring recorders next class
Review note name and rhythm patterns from previous lessons
Movement to New Hampshire Hornpipe
Operator, Operator game
Review patriotic music

4th grade
Remind kids to bring recorders next class
Review note name and rhythm patterns from previous lessons
Movement to Shake the Papaya
Poison Rhthym game
Tom Dooley - teach the same process in the lesson but I'm changing the words at the end to "you've got to say good-bye" instead of "die" and we'll discuss that he's sad because he has to go to jail!
http://www.blueridgecountry.com/archive/tom-dooley.html
This is an interesting story about the song!
Review patriotic music

3rd grade
Remind kids to bring recorders next class
I've been doing the "Four Beats After" with some of the 3rd grade classes as time fillers at the end of class so we'll be reviewing the concept.
I still have instruments set up in G pentatonic but I might just keep it with the D and A ostinato even though we're set up in G.
La Raspa looks great! I didn't realize it was Hispanic Heritage Month! I might want to use this next year earlier in the month!
Mary Lost Her Coat - I like the process and I'll probably make a visual of the poem with the words "Coda" and "Decrescendo" in the visual.
I haven't done A Rig-a-Jig-Jig yet....I might do a song from one of the Amidon books instead.

2nd grade
I will use rhythm sticks instead of barred instruments for this activity - we did similar activities in Mallet Madness earlier this month and I want them to really focus on the rhythm instead of their instrument!
Vocal warm up and Harvest Song - we will skip the game and go right into a discussion on autumn and harvest and then do "Autumn Leaves" from MK8 with leaf choreography (I give each child a fabric leaf and we sway them to the music and throw them in the air at the end of the song! It's magical!)

No comments:

Post a Comment